International Friends in Christ is sponsored by Concordia Lutheran Church in Findlay, Ohio. Our English Class for Women runs two semesters each year, the fall and the spring.
Each semester, the class meets on Monday mornings, 9:30 - 11:10 a. m.
The fall semester is late August to late November. The spring semester is January to late April. For information about the next semester, click Current Events.
Class format: We use formal classroom presentations, informal conversation practice in small "conversation groups," and activities.
Goals for all students:
- better understand spoken English;
- gain confidence and ability to actually talk in English;
- understand American customs and traditions;
- make some of the foods and crafts American women make;
- have help to handle situations encountered in daily life in American houses, neighborhoods, schools, markets, etc.
- find friendships with wives of other “foreign nationals;”
- find friendships with American wives and mothers.
Our Conversation Groups: have 3 to 5 students with 1 American "conversation partner" so every student benefits.
Child Care: Children are taken care of by an adult in the nursery. Class meetings are on school days, so older children are in school.
The fee is $30 for all students.
For more information:
- call Concordia at 419-422-4209 or
- e-mail officeconcordiafindlay.com
- contact the webmaster Carol Little, 419-422-5552
e-mail to: webmasterInternationalFriendsinChrist.com